pgEdit 1.2b2 is now available. See the pgEdit beta page for complete details including screenshots and download links. The changes since b1 are mostly fixes and improvements related to multi-byte character support. The complete change list is included below.
- Added menu items to change the character encoding and line ending style for the current file (Text menu).
- Fixed issues with Unicode character handling including making connections when the user/password/database has Unicode characters.
- Fixed issue with opening multiple files when the application is first launched.
- Changed comparison for finding the definition of the highlighted text to be case insensitive.
- Fixed extraneous error dialog when connection failure occurred with the editor (e.g. bad password).
- Fixed issue with query browser where execute buffer failed when the first line was not executable SQL.
- Fixed problem with query browser where it did not get the custom font preference.